There is nothing more thrilling than bagging a bargain.
Especially the excitement of the chase bit.
So imagine how my adrenalin spiked a few weeks ago, when I spotted the gorgeous Jasmine (Pretty Chuffed) wearing a dress that I just knew had to be mine.
It was a maxi – completely predictable I know.
It also had sleeves – bingo wings be gone.
And it was a v-neck – another no-brainer for booby me.
Yes. It screamed ‘Hello Bev’.
I simply loved the look of the dress, the colours were perfect. So without hesitation, I jumped straight online followed Jasmine’s link and within a few short minutes had placed my order.
Guess how much?
The dress is from Shein.com (a US website that delivers all over the world).
Now, if you’re not one for throwing caution to the wind, when it comes to online shopping – this site might not be for you.
I, on the other hand am!
The most I had to lose was $40.
I also had Jasmine’s expert insider knowledge to rely on when it came to choosing a size.
She mentioned in her post that she could easily have gone down a size to the small (she was wearing the medium) – because I’ve met her, I knew the medium should work perfectly on me.
Anyway, it was worth the risk, as I though the dress would make the perfect transeasonal piece.
How to style the dress for flexibility:
- Wear it on its own with your favourite heels or flats. Think lace-up sandals to toughen up the floatiness.
- Slip dresses also add a point of difference in a complimentary colour.
- Add a jacket and a wide belt when the temps fall, for a true statement look.
- Jeans. Yes jeans. Picture how fabulous your treasured denim would look underneath when your dress is billowing in the wind.
- When the seasons are changing but the weather is still glorious, wearing a sleeved maxi can be a great way to feel more covered, without suffocating in head to toe wool.
When it arrived it was stitched together at the top (to stop the wrap from showing too much boob) I found that it was a little too matronly; even for me, so I snipped it open for a more relaxed look.
Sizing: I’m wearing the medium which fits perfectly and is my normal size (I ignored the size chart and went with my gut).
Delivery: 2 weeks…I was starting to think it may never arrive!
When it did, excitable me, in my haste to rip open the package
hide the evidence of my purchase from Jonny left the self tie belt inside… in hindsight, I should have pretended it was gifted 😉
The only thing it was missing for me in the shape and design stakes, is POCKETS – can you imagine?
Right lovelies, over to you: Have you had your bargain hunter pants on lately? Snapped up anything special for a snip?