Getting my curves under control

If you pop by here often, by now, you will have already gathered than I’m the kinda girl that’s more than happy to accept any help I can get, when it comes to me looking good that is.

I like to look my best most of the time (as I mentioned in this post – I stick to the 70/30 rule…70% of the time I make sure I look ok, the other 30% I embrace my inner dag – this balance works perfectly for me).

Whether that be a touching up my botox, wearing a moisturiser that is offering to make my skin look as good as a new-born baby’s bottom or a trip to the salon to banish my grey hair  touch up my roots – maintenance is crucial as far as I’m concerned.

I’m also fond of happily accepting help that comes in the form of shapewear…My only rule: it has to be comfortable. I positively hate being trussed up like a turkey – all for the sake of my vanity.

You know that sensation when your  tummy and bum feel like they are in a vice? Yes, that. – No thank-you!

Until now, the only range that I would ever spend my money on was Spanx. In particular, the Slim Cognito range. Seamfree, pain-free control underwear that makes you drop a dress size and feel a million dollars in a heartbeat.

Back in the UK when I had my bridal boutique, I would often have my brides wearing a full Spanx body suit on their wedding day.

A beautifully soft, silk crepe frock could not be spoilt by VPL (visable panty line).

As soon as brides saw how amazing their wedding gowns looked – and how magical their already stunning figures felt –  they never gave a second thought to wearing them.

They still brought their beautiful undies, but they just saved them for later in the day…

Why, because we all want to look as good as possible. Especially for the bigger events in our lives.

If I feel I look good – then I’m more confident.

So, as you know from what I already wear in my outfit posts, this curvy girl is more than happy to embrace a tight-fitting number.

Like most people, I never really appreciated what a good figure I had in my twenties/thirties. Now, I’m heavier than I’ve ever been, but ironically I don’t seem to stress as much about my curves anymore.

The one thing that I  positively hate though, is a dodgy knicker line showing through a tight-fitting frock.

Or the feeling of having to hold my breath all day to stop my tummy sticking out.

Dead-set nothing worse.

So when I received a nice little package from the lovely Michel at Bella Bodies – my interest in all things tight-fitting/control undies was spiked…I couldn’t wait to try them out.

Would they match up to my beloved Spanx?

Quite hilarious, but I think I contacted Michel of Bella Bodies within a couple of days of the goodies arriving, to say just how impressed I was with the comfort and wear-ability factor.

Michel had kindly sent me a few different items to try – I already knew the one that would appeal to this curvy girl straight up, was the Runway Slip (coincidentally this is also one of their best-sellers).

I was in heaven.

You might want to look away now…

I apologise in advance but I really wanted you to see me practising what I preach. Because let’s face, it I’m no skinny Minnie!

Getting my curves under control

Twisted Back Maxi Dress $129.00 | Rylie Wedge $179.00 both CR  |  Runway Slip $85.99 (I’m wearing Medium) Bella Bodies *  |  Juliette Heel $179.00  |  Antonia Mule $179.00 both CR  |  Stone Necklace $199.00 CR

The slip is really comfortable (so comfortable that I can wear it all day at work and not melt in the QLD heat). It doesn’t ride up either!

You don’t need a shoe horn to get it on. Nothing more than a quick wriggle and you’re in. I didn’t wear  bra under mine but of course you could if need be. They only extra thing I added was gel insert covers to protect my modesty.

It goes without saying, that control undies are not for every day, although the lovely Sonia Styling swears by the tummy tuck ultimate panty under her jeans.

They are for special occasions or the days when  that extra bit of confidence will make you walk tall and strut you beautiful stuff!

 

Psssstttttt – tell you buddies, Michel is offering all Iris May Style readers a 15% discount for the next 7 days. Use code IRIS15 at the checkout.

 

*This was gifted to me for editoral consideration.

So tell me lovelies, do you run a mile from control undies?

Do you have a favourite brand that you’d like to share with us all?

As it’s Thursday, I’m nipping over to Link up with Rachel from Redcliffe Style  – come over and say Hello.

 

 

Bev,

Facebook|Tweet|Pin|77,97,105,108liaM|Back to top|Say Hello