If you follow IMS on Instagram you will already know that yesterday was a big day in the IMS household.
It was the day the Juicer arrived.
A LOT of thought and planning has gone in to this juicer, I can tell you.
When I have my mind set on something I am like a whirlwind!
First, let me just say that Appliances Online were totally brilliant.
Lowest price. Great website. But best of all, they deliver exactly when promised…nothing winds me up more than a failed delivery promise.
I received a phone call from the driver on my way to work to confirm my juicer would arrive at the shop (Witchery) between 12pm and 2pm.
It arrived at 1.20pm.
I might have squealed with pleasure.
Let’s just get it out there. Concentration did not come easy yesterday afternoon. My thoughts were on juice alone.
What combination would I try first? Can I do this?
You get the picture 😉 For once, clothes and visual merchandising was not my first thought!
So on my way home I diverted to Woollies to buy a few supplies…well it would be rude not to try it out, don’t you think?
Here is what I made:
Safe and easy start I know, but sooooo darn delicious all the same.
- 3 Medium Oranges (I used Navel)
- Half of a Pink Grapefruit
- I Lime
- Ice Cubes
- Peel the oranges, grapefruit and lime,
- Leave as much of the pith on the fruit as possible.
- Cut in to small enough pieces to fit down the shoot.
Ms.May was given this book as a Christmas gift: The Funky Fresh Juice Book by Jason Vale so until I find my feet, and start getting experimental, I will be following the exact recipes…Not something I do very often!
Apologies for the pics, I took them on my iPhone.
Lots of extra goodness is in the ‘pith’ on citrus fruits. It also makes the juice creamier.
The whole process is very quick, hardly any mess and nearly dry pulp.
Oscar Vital Max 900 – LOVE that my juicer came with a name like Oscar.
- Super easy to use.
- Cold Press Single Gear Juice as opposed to a Centrifugal Juicer
- Cold Press extends the longevity of the enzymes, ensuring essential vitamins and vital elements are not lost. The juice is at its premium for 48 hours.
- Mr IM tells me it was also easy to clean 😉
- Its capable of doing a whole host of other stuff too – but for now it will be just Oscar the juicer!
As I mentioned in this post here, my aim is to do a juice detox for 7 days.
The sole reason for doing this detox is to give my insides a touch of TLC after a nasty kidney infection a week or so ago.
I’ve decided to start the detox this coming Sunday 2nd February as it the beginning of the working week for me.
I will have 5 different juices a day.
Wish me luck!
Are you into juicing? Maybe you have some recipes or advice you could share with me? Have you ever attempted a liquid detox?